- Title: College, Community and Country
- Artist: Shirley McWorter-Moss
- Location: Chicago Ave. between Washington St. and Ellsworth St.
- Medium: Sculpture
- Installation Date: 2001
- Description: Sculpture of football player and World War II veteran William Shatzer II.
- Plaque Text: Bill Shatzer, a graduate of nearby Mooseheart Academy, enrolled at North Central College in 1938. He was a four-sport student athlete garnering all-conference and "Little All-American" honors in football. After graduating in 1942, Bill enlisted in the Naval Air Corps and at the Training Station in Iowa City gained national gridiron fame for his brilliant play as a member of the pre-flight team, the Iowa Seahawks. Their wartime opponents included major powerhouses as Michigan, Northwestern and Notre Dame. Before leaving for duty in the Aleutian Islands, Bill married his college sweetheart, Sue Truesdell. He was reported missing in action on May 16, 1944 and never saw his son, Willian Warren Shatzer, III.
- Plaque Courtesy Of: Mustang Construction, Inc.